Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Patiently Waiting for Perfection, at The Bus Stop

Have you ever had to wait on the bus?  Didn't it always seem like you were waiting for like ever?  Or how about waiting on your parents or older siblings to pick you up from somewhere.  Were they not almost always late?  Mine were.  And their 10 minutes was more like 30 minutes.  Looking back on it, it could have been less than 30 minutes, but because I was ready to be picked up,  the wait seemed like forever.  Patience is something that must be given from God!

Today, I can say I have some patience.  The Lord gave it to me.  But I still fail in that area.  Choosing to ignore what he gave me because impatience is so familiar.  Sometimes I feel like I'm still waiting to get picked up.  Only in the form of having perfect kids, perfect finances, being perfect and having the perfect husband.  
But, Christ already gave me what I need.  I've been picked up.  My husband is the perfect husband, for me.  And my kids who cannot sit still for more than 2 minutes, yep they are perfect too, perfect for me.  And I am perfect.  I am perfect at not grasping how to make enchilladas, no matter how easy the recipe is.  Which is perfect for my husband who loves to cook.   I am perfect at eating unhealthy.  Which is perfect for my kids who prefer a fast food hamburger over a homemade turkey burger.  And my timing, I am perfect at being at least 10 to 20 minutes late to anything.  Which is perfect for my friends, God is using me to teach them patience!   :-)

I may not be perfect in everyone's eyes and that's ok.  Be patient, and let The Lord show you what he see's, in me and in you.


No comments:

Post a Comment