Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Mirror

Confession, I love reading women blogs.  I especially love reading stay at home/homeschooling mom blogs.  Although we are all different, every time I  log on to read one of those blogs, I feel like I am apart of some giant Borg.  (no apologies, I love TNG Star Trek)  We all talk about the same thing at the same time, which is like all the time.  Children, homeschooling, curriculum, Husbands, cleaning and being a better mom and wife.  Titus 2 and Proverbs 31 are popular scripture on our blogs.  Oh and homemade casseroles and  homemade laundry detergents are also very popular.  But sometimes, there is a glitch in my system.  I feel like we don't talk enough about the mom whose favorite scripture is not Proverbs 31 but more like 1 Corinthians 10:13.  The mom who never had control of her temper to begin with, so it is always deemed lost.
A few months ago, I notice something about myself.  I noticed that throughout the day, my face was frowning.  For no particular reason, it was just straight and mean looking.  I was not feeling angry or sad, but my face did not look happy.  I remember glancing  into a mirror one day as I walked by it.  I stopped and walked back to the mirror and looked at my face.  It looked as if I had just got into a heated argument and I was about to go off on someone.  Then the Lord said to me in that still quiet voice, "That is the face looking back at your children."  That right there.  Wow.  I was so shocked and saddened.  It hurt to think that I was walking around with a mean frown on my face, talking to my children with a frown on my face.  From that day on, I decided to be aware of the face looking back at my children, because the mirror is not the only one that shows a reflection of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment