Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Quiet Time and Candy Crush

Sometimes, I have the perfect setting in my home.  Dishes are done, house is somewhat clean, the kids are quiet and there is a little time to play Candy Crush.  This moment of my day is so good.  Even if I can't pass level 102, just the quietness in my house alone makes me smile.  I hope to pass on this love for quiet times to my children.  I hope to pass on the sight of  beauty in quietness. I want to teach them now that God is in the quiet times as well as the storm.  I have glimpses of hope when I hear one of them say something is too loud, I smile.  Other times however, they are the ones that are too loud, and smiling.  Right now when I ask them to be quiet and just sit, it is like pure torture for them.  Even their whispers are heard in the next room!  Their "inside voices", are as loud as I am when I have to yell at them to be quiet.  And not yelling in a sinful manner, (although sometimes  I do, but we will save that lesson for another day :-( ) but just trying to get their attention.  And the whopper, when they look at me and ask why am I yelling.
But, I digress, this right now is one of those perfect settings.  I am still on level 102.  I don't think I am going to ever pass that level.  A couple of the kids are asleep.  I hear a few voices upstairs, but the sleep may be overtaking them, or someone is talking to them self.  And for the most part, my house is quiet.  And I am smiling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment