Saturday, November 23, 2013

Changes

Whew!!! That was a long time, wasn't it? I know, way too long.  You would not believe how busy life gets when you decide to add something else to the routine.  I mean the second I said I am going to blog, life just put the pedal to the metal!
  I think we have seen more changes this year than any of the total 7 years we have been together as a family. And change is not always bad, but it can be a little interesting.  
  Meanwhile, parenting is still parenting.  Always promising to challenge me and never missing a beat.  My infant is now a big girl and my big girls are now toddlers and my toddler is now a preschooler and my preschooler is somewhere between kindergarten and grown independent young man.  And I'm 36!  
  I thank God for another year in him because at 36, my own mother had lost all hope for herself and had already given up her kids to what looked like a better life for them.  It wasn't, but like I said, she had lost all hope for herself.  And not to sound ungrateful for my life when I say it wasn't a better life, it just wasn't what she thought it would have been for us.  But it was best.  It was best because of who I am today.  I am a child of the Most High God.  My life was already planned out!  He used the foster homes and group homes.  He used the failed relationships.  I have learned in my walk with Christ that our circumstances are not only temporary but are purposeful.
  So while some days I may feel like it's me against the kids and they are winning, I know that's not the case and I can take it.  I know that God himself has called me to be a mom.  And with each passing, challenging, ever changing day, God's word promises to strengthen me, for each circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment